The Club was founded in 1949 and was located in the extreme east end of Scarborough, on a parcel of land named Bennet’s Field. In 1954 the club was relocated on rented property on Twin Rivers Drive in Scarborough, only to be expropriated in 1962 because of railroad expansion in the area.
The Hunt was on for a new home. In December of 1965 the present site, Lot #24 Concession #4, Goodwood, presented itself as the ideal new and permanent “home” of the Club.
After much labour and love, in the spring of 1966, the Club was ready to receive its members with two skeet fields and two trap fields. As the Club grew and prospered, three more skeet fields were added and 1987 saw the first opening of the area’s first Sporting Clays Course.
In August of 1992 the Club was officially renamed Uxbridge Shooting Sports Inc., thus relinquishing its original name – The Scarborough Rod and Gun Club. In 1998, keeping pace with the diverse interests of clay bird shooters, the Club added wobble trap and 5 stand to its menu of shooting disciplines. In 2006 the Club became wheelchair accessible and in 2007 the Sporting Clays Course became automated.
Uxbridge Shooting Sports Inc. is located on a rolling 100 acre, 98 year-old farm site approximately 2 miles northeast of the town of Goodwood. The Clubhouse stands in the midst of mature black walnut, maple and oak trees, giving the feeling of serene seclusion and isolation.
- 3 Regulation Skeet Fields
- 1 International Skeet Field
- 1 Regulation Trap Field (Wobble Trap)
- 1 Sporting Clays Course with a 70ft Tower
- 1 Challenging 5-stand layout
- Professional Instruction Available